Your Shopify store will require Carrier Calculated Shipping to use the Postcode Shipping Extension. This restriction is put in place by Shopify. Carrier shipping is available by default on the Advanced and Plus plans.
You are also able to get carrier shipping if you change your plan to annual billing and requesting the carrier shipping module from Shopify Support (email@example.com). You will also receive a 10% discount on your total plan price for prepaying your plan.
You are able to review your current plan in your Shopify admin, navigate to settings -> account. Where you can view your account status.
1. Your myshopify.com domain. This is the domain you visit to view your Shopify admin.
2. A plan which supports Carrier Calculated Shipping.
Installing The Shopify App.
1. Open your browser and visit https://shopify.addition.com.au/postcode-shipping
2. Enter your myshopfy.com domain in the field provided and click submit.
3. Authorize the app within the Shopify app install flow and set up the recurring charge to begin your subscription.
4. Once you have approved the app and successfully added it to your store you will be taken to the App Dashboard.
5. Click "Install Carrier" to install the shipping carrier link to your zones within Shopify. This allows your store to connect to the app when customers checkout to query prices. Without this set up your store will not be able to receive rates.
6. You have now successfully installed the Postcode Shipping App and you are now able to start setting up your Zones, Ranges, and Rates.