From the zone listing screen, click the ‘Add Zone’ button:
On the new zone creation screen there are two panels 'Zone Details' and 'Countries'.
Within the 'Zone Details' panel there are two fields:
- Zone Title: This should generally be a title that will allow you to identify the geographic region your zone covers e.g. 'Australia', 'Europe', 'North America' etc. This is an internal reference and will not be visible to customers.
- Zone Status: This field allows you to disable a zone to prevent any of its rates from being made available to customers. You may wish to set this field to Inactive if you are making changes to a zone (or its ranges and rates) and do not wish to provide incorrect shipping rates in the meantime. Otherwise, in most instances this field is likely to be set to 'Active'.
Within the ‘Countries’ panel you can search for and add countries to your new zone.
When adding countries to a zone, keep in mind the following:
- A country can only be assigned to one zone. If a country is already assigned to another zone that you have set up then it will not be available for selection.
- If you select 'Rest of World' then all countries aside from those that have been assigned to other zones will be assigned to the new zone that you are creating.
- You are free to deselect specific countries after having selected 'Rest of World'. These countries will not be assigned to the zone. - You do not need to worry about deselecting a country from a 'Rest of World' zone if you wish to assign that country to a new zone. Simply create the new zone, assign the country and it will be unassigned from the 'Rest or World' zone automatically
Once you have entered details for your new zone, click the 'Save' button in the bottom right of the screen and your new zone will be saved.
In this section: